[GSoC] Commercial/Open source status XMPP_IOT

Arc Riley arcriley at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 14:35:30 UTC 2015

XMPP and all XEPs are free and open for use. You should find an IP
disclaimer on each, eg;
PermissionsPermission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person
obtaining a copy of this specification (the "Specification"), to make use
of the Specification without restriction, including without limitation the
rights to implement the Specification in a software program, deploy the
Specification in a network service, and copy, modify, merge, publish,
translate, distribute, sublicense, or sell copies of the Specification, and
to permit persons to whom the Specification is furnished to do so, subject
to the condition that the foregoing copyright notice and this permission
notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the
Specification. Unless separate permission is granted, modified works that
are redistributed shall not contain misleading information regarding the
authors, title, number, or publisher of the Specification, and shall not
claim endorsement of the modified works by the authors, any organization or
project to which the authors belong, or the XMPP Standards Foundation.