[GSoC] Fwd: Re: GSoC 2017

Daniel Gultsch daniel at gultsch.de
Thu Mar 2 12:49:05 UTC 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Daniel Gultsch" <daniel at gultsch.de>
Date: Mar 1, 2017 12:54
Subject: Re: [GSoC] GSoC 2017
To: <chandra.devershi14 at stu.upes.ac.in>

Hi,

Conversations puts a lot of focus on user experience so we encourage
you to become a user of XMPP first.
To become a user you need to:

Download an XMPP client (Conversations1 on Android and Gajim on
Windows and Linux)
Create an account on an XMPP server. For startes we recommend creating
an account on the conversations.im server. In both Gajim and
Conversations you can tick the checkbox Create new account during
initial setup.

After downloading a client and creating an account please join the
conversations group chat (MUC) under the address:
xmpp:gsoc at conference.conversations.im?join.

1 Conversations is not available for free on the PlayStore. However we
wouldn’t ask potential applicants to buy the application. Instead
either sideload it from the Open Source App Store F-Droid, build it
from source or join with a different client first and ask for a promo
code in the GSoC group chat, that will allow you to install the app
for free from the Google PlayStore.

Once you are in our group chat we'll assign a more specific teaser task.