[GSoC] Introduction to the Community

Paweł Ścibiorski pawelsc at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 22:40:50 UTC 2020

Hello Kang,

I have done GSoC for XMPP Standards Foundation a few years ago. XSF in
previous years was working as an umbrella organization for a number of
smaller organizations.
Checkout previous years projects
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/archive/2020/organizations/5153224375402496/#projects

Some XMPP organizations joined previously also alone, without XSF so you
can also look for them. As for Java projects go:

Here is Conversations (Android client).
https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/archive/2018/organizations/6032491081105408/
https://conversations.im/
https://github.com/inputmice/Conversations
I think you can try to contact people in this MUC for conversations:
conversations at conference.siacs.eu

Java projects (Server, Client Library and Desktop Client ) are also done by
Ignite Realtime Foundation ( I have done my project for them as part of XSF
):
https://www.igniterealtime.org/
https://github.com/igniterealtime
You are welcome to join this MUC: open_chat at conference.igniterealtime.org
where I or someone else should answer your questions.
( If you don't have an account you can join anonymously through a web
client https://www.igniterealtime.org/support/group_chat.jsp ).

I hope I didn't omit any other Java projects participating in GSoC.

Cheers,
Paweł