[IOT] [Standards] Status of XEP-xxxx: Sensor-over-XMPP

Thomas Nichols tnichols at enernoc.com
Tue Dec 18 21:18:24 UTC 2012

Just to add our voice to the discussion -

We've been using XMPP for M2M communication between our smart energy gateways our servers.  Our devices run linux+ python and we use SleekXMPP which we've contributed quite a bit to.

What we've been using so far has been mostly our own messaging language that's specific to our use cases.  We haven't used PubSub either – We chose IQs for command and control, and messages for telemetry.  I'm also involved in OpenADR 2.0 which is an energy interop language.  While not strictly an XEP, it will work over HTTP and XMPP.

- Thom