[IOT] IEEE 1451

Peter Waher Peter.Waher at clayster.com
Thu Sep 20 22:00:18 UTC 2012

Hello William Miller

Very sorry for the long delay in responding to your mail.

I'm very interested in participating in any discussions and/or work relating to using XMPP as a transport mechanism in IoT and sensor networks. We're participating in various projects whose effort it is to establish XMPP in sensor and metering data applications, as well as integration between platforms/systems/3rd party services.

Is it possible for you to on this list, or to me privately, share more information on how IEEE 1451 uses XMPP to interchange sensor data? I could only see block diagrams in your presentation where you transport MODBUS over XMPP, but not how it is done.

It's part of my goal as member of XSF to participate in the formation of XMPP extensions for interchange of sensor & metering data in an interoperable and secure manner. Is it your interest to participate in such XEP work?

Sincerely,
Peter Waher

Contact info: http://se.linkedin.com/pub/peter-waher/1a/71b/a29