[IOT] OpenADR comment period

Thomas Nichols tnichols at enernoc.com
Thu Jun 20 02:52:20 UTC 2013

One question, which is more of an implementation detail but we would like
some input, is how to prevent communication between end node clients.  I
think during registration, VENs would have to be added to an ACL or group,
and then a filter would be used at the XMPP server to block packets whose
"to" and "from" belong to that group.

Any general guidelines or best practices for securing a public XMPP server
with possibly untrusted clients would be welcome.

Thanks again!
-Thom