[IOT] Fwd: [Members] Google Summer of Code 2013 - please submit potential ideas

Joachim Lindborg joachim.lindborg at sust.se
Tue Mar 12 09:01:23 UTC 2013

I have two ideas that I think could be good. Like to try them on the list
before putting them on the wiki

*Implementing EXI both server and clients*:
Quite large work but perhaps to boring for the GSOC.
http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/members/2012-March/006712.html
http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/standards/2013-March/027188.html

*Next generation sensor networks and services*:
Peter W and I is working on a new set of XEP's for creating interoperable
flow of data for the Internet Of Things with the whole chain of deploying
devices and connecting services
The project would implement the proposed XEP's and create services
utilizing open sensor networks for energy services, support elderly,
internet of sports.
earlier work
http://xmpp.org/extensions/inbox/sensors.html
http://mail.jabber.org/pipermail/members/2013-January/006921.html