[IOT] Reference implementation

Peter Waher Peter.Waher at clayster.com
Thu Aug 21 16:49:54 UTC 2014

Hello Ralph

Thanks for your concern, and look forward to your input.

> Not to rain on your parade or diminish the huge amount of work you've put into this, but all of these specifications are currently Experimental. Are you addressing the possibility that any of them might incur (significant) changes after the release of your book?

Correct. Yes, this is addressed. It highlights the issue that some of the extensions might be sufficiently mature now, to start the work of moving them to Draft.

> FWIW I am still planning to go through all of the IoT related specs with a fresh look. I know this is quite a task, but this should be done eventually, hopefully by a bunch of people. From what I remember when accepting (formally not-objecting to) these XEPs, they are quite lengthy.

Yes, they might be lengthy. But it's only because they have examples in them. Tried to mimic previous XEPs. They are still shorter than many other popular XEPs.

> Also, you've reported some issues with reusing existing building blocks.

What existing building blocks would that be?

> I hope to give you more actionable feedback soonish.

Excellent.

Best regards,
Peter Waher