[IOT] Comments on discovery paragraph 5.1

Joachim Lindborg joachim.lindborg at sust.se
Wed Apr 1 15:54:56 UTC 2015

I have done the same using "friendship" for "mutal precense subscription".
It is very useful when talking to non xmpp folks since it is a way for
showing a level of granted access rights used in social media. Eg. *giving
access to your "friends" *

Agree that this isn't something to be part of the xep it should be clear
that we talk about "presence subscription" in different directions.

I think we also need in IoT to have servers dropping messages to the full
JID if you don't have presence subscriptions in place. Otherwise devices
need to do that through the provisioning (XEP 324) blocking untrusted JID's

/joachim

*Time for Global IoTDay April 9th join us at KTH for a full day of
connected devices <http://simplesignup.se/event/57527>*

*Regards*
Joachim Lindborg
CTO, systems architect