[IOT] IANA application

Peter Waher Peter.Waher at clayster.com
Fri Jul 10 16:41:42 UTC 2015

Hello

During the work in other standards groups, there has been some interest in
the discovery model presented in XEP-0347. This has lead to the desire to
update the IoT-discovery encoding described in the XEP somewhat and
formalize it into a URI scheme. I've therefore prepared an application to
IANA for a provisional URI scheme. The idea is to send it by the end of next
week. So, if you have time, and an interest, you're welcome to return any
comments, suggestions or questions to me by then, so I have a chance to
update the application before mailing it. The idea is to update XEP-0347
after the approval of such a provisional URI scheme.

Best regards,

Peter Waher